It’s finally here: the campout is this weekend!
This is a super fun and relaxed way to meet other Harding families. Last year saw about 140 people; let’s see if we can top it. The evening is generally a chaotic free-for-all with fort-making in the redwoods, balls and tag in the field, fairy-house-building, campfire shenanigans, and any other disorganized activities thought up by fellow parents or kiddos. Bring your stomp rockets, frisbees, spike ball, Robin Hood outfits, LED toys, Bluetooth speakers, flashlights, and if anyone has Kubb I’ve been meaning to play it.
Please do not bring axes, knives, guns, slingshots, bows, lighters, torches (the fire kind), chainsaws, or a bad attitude.
Please invite Harding friends who haven’t heard about the campout! There is plenty of space, and it’s totally fine just to come hang out for the potluck and campfire then head home if the idea of setting up a tent induces a gag response.
And if you’re confused as to why you’re getting this email despite not signing up yet, it’s because I think you’re awesome and want you to come anyway!
- 12:00 pm begin arriving, setting up tents, and hunting for the perfect marshmallow stick
- 4:00 pm games – TBD what this entails. I could really use someone’s help to organize something like capture the flag or something along those lines
- 5:30 pm potluck – bring your own utensils and dishes! Let’s see how little plastic trash we can generate.
- 7:00 pm campfire
- Morning breakfast and hanging out
- 11:00 am Camp cleanup (let’s leave it cleaner than we found it!)
- 12:00 pm depart
Stuff to bring
- Equipment: chairs, tents, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, headlamps, pillows, blankets, warm clothes, and a trash bag to help pack out trash on Sunday.
- S’mores: marshmallows, graham crackers, chocolate, and a stick!
- Food: dinner and breakfast (and a way to cook it)
- Firewood to donate to the communal controlled conflagration
Happy to answer any questions you might have. I’ll probably be incredibly slow to answer though; appreciate the patience! See y’all there!
P.S. For those driving and staying the night, please load in/out at the blue LOAD spot, then park up at the red PARK spot.