If you want to assist with take-home projects, contact your teacher directly. No other process is necessary.
If you want to volunteer in the classroom or around school, there are a few steps to ensure the safety of our children. The District requires that you go through fingerprinting, a background check, and obtain a volunteer badge. Learn more
- Parents need to have a District volunteer badge in order to volunteer in their child’s classroom, go on field trips, help in the library, etc.
- The badges are good for many years and do not need to be renewed annually.
- If you have a volunteer badge, please let your child’s classroom teacher know.
- If you do not have a volunteer badge, please consider beginning that process as soon as possible.
- Parents can start the process by visiting the Be A Mentor website OR calling (510) 307-4526.
Volunteer Tour Guides for the TK/K Info Session and Tour
We are bringing back the in-person TK/K info session and tour and need 6-8 volunteers on January 12 from 9:00am – 10:03am to answer questions parents may have and to lead tours.
Here is the flyer for the event.
If you are interested please reach out to Anne Park on slack or at VP@hardingpta.org
Come Help Out During Lunch & Recess
Helpers are needed at the lunch area to help with opening packages, reminding kids to eat lunch, how to manage themselves, etc…
Or…help organize a kickball game, teach kids how to jump rope and mainly just be on the playground to give our kids a sense of more adults around if they want help or need suggestions for play.
The students are just learning the Playworks program, so there are rules and instructions for Wall Ball, Tetherball, Kickball and Four Square in the ball boxes for those games to help remind everyone what the rules are. Frequently Asked Questions | Playworks Information | Volunteer Sign-up
Harding is lucky to have an active parent community with volunteers staffing the library, working in the classrooms, chaperoning field trips, and much, much more. Here are ways you can volunteer:
- IN THE CLASSROOM: Assist individual students or small groups with reading, math, or science activities (contact your student’s teacher about classroom opportunities)
- AT HOME: Volunteer at home planning events, designing flyers, doing mailings, or website maintenance (contact the Harding PTA)
- IN THE LIBRARY: Staff the library (contact the Library Committee chair)
- CLASSROOM PARENT: Work with teacher to plan classroom activities and parties (contact our room parent coordinator)
- OFFICE VOLUNTEERING: Assist in the office as needed (contact the front office 510-231-1413)
- YARD DUTY: Lunchtime supervision needed (contact our recess volunteer coordinator)
- SCHOOL WIDE EVENTS: Chaperone field trips, help with the annual spelling bee or Spring Concert (contact the Harding PTA)
- TRANSLATION: Translate written materials into foreign and sign languages (contact the Comms Chair)
- OTHER SKILLS NEEDED: Whatever else you have to offer!
You can always contact the Harding PTA to find out more about current volunteer opportunities.