IMPORTANT DATES AND UPDATES – Look for changes from previously published dates/events:
- Tuesday, August 3 at 6:30pm – Return to in-person Instruction Information Sessions with Dr. Chris Hurst – facebook live: @westcontracostaschools
- Wednesday, August 4 at 7:00pm – Return to School Information and Expectations with the Principal #1, Zoom Link
- Friday, August 6 at 9:30am – Return to in-person Instruction Information Sessions with Dr. Chris Hurst – facebook live: @westcontracostaschools
- Tuesday, August 10 at 7:00pm – Return to School Information and Expectations with the Principal #2, Zoom Link (#1 and #2 will essentially be the same so join the evening that is most convenient for you)
- Friday, August 13 2pm, 2:30pm, and 3pm – Kinder Classroom Visit to meet the teacher and learn how to navigate the first day – details and instructions will be sent directly to TK and K families by email. We will assign a fraction of each class an introductory session in 20 minute shifts so all can visit safely.
- Sunday, August 15 at 4:00pm – class assignment lists will be posted at the Ashbury Street pedestrian gate and front entrance on Fairmount Avenue. (All other 8/15 events have been cancelled)
- Monday, August 16 – First day of school
- Kindergarten start: 8:20am
- TK and 1st-6th grade start: 8:30am – Yard gates open at 8:20am for finding and getting into your class line
- TK-2nd grade students enter through the Ashbury gate.
- 3rd-6th grade students enter through the Fairmount gate – student entry only/no adults may accompany the older students onto the yard.
- Building entry for students and staff ONLY
- TK dismissal is at 1:45pm
- 2:05pm Minimum day dismissal for all other grades
- Tuesday, August 17 at 7:00pm – Get to Know Your PTA, Zoom Link Passcode: 219573
- Thursday, August 19 at 6:00pm – School Site Council Meeting, Agenda will include a Return to School Report, Zoom Link
COMMUNICATION – recommendations and look for items:
- Attend one each of Dr. Hurst’s and Mrs. Takimoto’s information sessions.
- This week, Kinder families look for an email regarding the classroom visit schedule for the afternoon of Friday, August 13.
Next week, check the Harding Return to School Website for Mrs. Takimoto’s info session recording to be posted with the session Q & A along with teacher updates to the grade level pages…with other possible outreach to come.