Hello Harding Community,
As promised, information and plans are constantly evolving based on the latest communications from county and district offices. In short, returning to school for the 2021-2022 school year will be different, but we hope it will be just as exciting and successful. The two most important things you can do to support a successful return are to stay informed and get connected.
- If you haven’t already, please read through the district’s 100% Return to In-Person Instruction plan. The plan is available on the District’s website at www.wccusd.net/return2school.
- Open and read all emails and Peach Jar announcements from the school and school staff.
- Sign up for the Harding PTA Weekly News, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bookmark the Return to School Website as teachers will start updating it upon their return on August 11.
Due to the district health guidelines published last week, we will NOT be hosting the usual back to school gatherings and events; the new family potluck scheduled for Sunday 8/15 is cancelled and there will be no first day coffee with the principal. Additionally, visitors (those who are not students or staff) will not be allowed in the buildings at any time except by appointment. Office staff are on summer break and will start contacting those who need appointments at the end of next week to come in starting August 9. Registration is completed remotely with a few exceptions.
Get Connected…Yes, after all that, we really do want to establish or reestablish our relationships with all of you:)
- Wednesday, August 4 at 7:00pm – Return to School Information and Expectations with the Principal #1, Zoom Link
- Tuesday, August 10 at 7:00pm – Return to School Information and Expectations with the Principal #2, Zoom Link (#1 and #2 will essentially be the same so join the evening that is most convenient for you)
- Friday, August 13 2pm, 2:30pm, and 3pm – Kinder Classroom Visit to meet the teacher and learn how to navigate the first day – details and instructions will be sent directly to TK and K families by email. We will assign a third of each class an introductory session in 20 minute shifts so all can visit safely.
- Tuesday, August 17 at 7:00pm – Get to Know Your PTA, Zoom Link Passcode: 219573
- Thursday, August 19 at 6:00pm – School Site Council Meeting, Agenda will include a Return to School Report, Zoom Link
- Sunday, August 15 at 4:00pm – class assignment lists will be posted at the Ashbury Street pedestrian gate and front entrance on Fairmount Avenue.
- Monday, August 16 – First day of school
- Kindergarten start: 8:20am
- TK and 1st-6th grade start: 8:30am – Yard gates open at 8:20am for finding and getting into your class line
- We ask that a minimum number of adults enter the yard and that all be masked, even in this outdoor space; it will be crowded. (Masks are required for all indoors; no building entry for non student or staff)
- TK dismissal is at 1:45pm
- 2:05pm Minimum day dismissal for all other grades
See you all soon, on the 4th or 10th at the least. Take care and stay safe.