Harding is lucky to have an active parent community with volunteers staffing the library, working in the classrooms, chaperoning field trips, and much, much more. Here’s how you can volunteer:
- IN THE CLASSROOM: Assist individual students or small groups with reading, math, or science activities.
- AT HOME: Volunteer at home planning events, designing flyers, doing mailings, or website maintenance.
- IN THE LIBRARY: Staff the Library (contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteer form here).
- CLASSROOM PARENT: Work with teacher to plan classroom activities and parties.
- YARD DUTY: Lunchtime supervision needed.
- SCHOOL WIDE EVENTS: Chaperone field trips, help with the annual spelling bee or Spring Concert.
- TRANSLATION: Translate written materials into foreign and sign languages.
- OTHER SKILLS NEEDED: Whatever else you have to offer! Call the Harding office at 231-1413.
Volunteering is Easy!
If you want to assist with take-home projects, contact your teacher directly. No other process is necessary.
For parents who want to volunteer in the classroom or around school, there are a few more steps to ensure the safety of our children, the District requires that you go through a background check and obtain a volunteer badge.
- Parents need to have a District volunteer badge in order to volunteer in their child’s classroom, go on field trips, help in the library, etc.
- The badges are good for many years and do not need to be renewed annually.
- If you have a volunteer badge, please let your child’s classroom teacher know.
- If you do not have a volunteer badge, please consider beginning that process as soon as possible.
- Parents should start the process by visiting this web site OR calling (510) 307-4526.