Hello Harding Community,
This is just a quick summer message to address recent changes and important questions:
- A tentative agreement with the teachers union calls for reduced class sizes: 22 students in TK-3 and 31 in 4-6th grades. The immediate result for Harding is an additional teacher/class at 1st grade and being almost at full enrollment capacity in all grade levels. Teachers will vote on the agreement beginning July 1.
- Dr. Hurst, our new superintendent, has announced that we will be 100% in person for fall instruction. The first day of school will be Monday, August 16.
- Dr. Hurst is well into return to school planning, systematic communication, and community feedback loops. Look for his messages and announcements in your email and on social media, and join sessions like the upcoming area town hall meeting. Like last year, information and plans will be constantly evolving and communicated so I recommend you stay connected for the latest information and the ability to give more immediate feedback. Initial school safety guidelines will be announced for fall by the end of July.
- Print and post the Harding 2021-2022 Bell Schedule and refer to the Harding Return to School website for school information and announcements. Teachers will update the grade level pages when they return in August.
- Other events that will return are as follows:
- TK, K, and 1st grade summer play dates. If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Lorenz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday, August 15 New Family Potluck at noon on the yard outside the MPR. Lisa will share more details in August.
- TK and K Teacher meet and greet with classroom walk through, Sunday, August 15, 11:30am, in rooms 110, 115, 116, 117.
- TK and K class assignments will be posted at 11:15am at the Ashbury Avenue entrance.
- Sunday, August 15 at 4:00pm, 1st-6th grade class assignments will be posted at the Ashbury Avenue entrance.
Be sure to Signup for enews: via the form on the Harding PTA website to stay informed. Take care and stay safe.