Hello Harding Community,
We are still in the land of the unknown but it is coming together quickly. Staff have identified what they can do this spring. I encouraged them to consider their personal barriers and constraints, and make a thoughtful decision about what they are able to do (or not) in person. While distance learning remains the main form of instruction, Harding will be offering a number of hubs and a few intervention periods.
Here is what to expect this week:
- April 12: Look for a REMIND message from your child’s teacher late in the day. It will share either a message about what to look forward to this Spring or the final intent to return survey if a hub or intervention is being offered at your child’s grade level
- April 13-16: Outreach to intervention and hub families – Some teachers may be using office hours for family outreach.
- April 15: Some teachers may need asynchronous learning time after lunch for room setup
- April 16: Staff training and planning day (And Picture Day for all students and staff)
- April 16: All families who requested in-person support through a hub or intervention period in the final intent to return survey (distributed 4/12) will be notified of their acceptance or placement on a wait list.
- April 19: In-person support begins for those students in hubs and intervention groups – we hope to serve up to 180 students
Other important events this week:
- April 13: Eat at Nation’s Giant Hamburgers to support the Harding PTA and fill your bellies:)
- April 13: 7:00-8:00pm, PTA Meeting
- April 15: 6:00-7:30pm, School Site Council Meeting – Zoom Link
- April 16: 8:30am-2:00pm, Picture Day – on the yard, enter through the Fairmount Avenue driveway to the parking lot.
I hope to see you all at some point this week. Take care and stay safe,