Hello Harding Community,
With Governor Newson’s announcement last week, we now know we will definitely be starting the year in distance learning. There are still a lot of unknowns but here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Keep enjoying your summer:)
- Start thinking about the school structure, routine, and space that your family wants or needs at home.
- Consider and start organizing any child and/or adult school and/or work support needed for distance learning in your home.
- Teachers at each grade level will provide students with the same curriculum and schedules; in general, live lessons will be scheduled between 9am and 2pm, (Usually all in the morning for younger students), with recorded lessons for flexibility and making up anything missed.
- Class lists will be released as soon as possible with Kinders first (hopefully July 31) to help them make connections, assist children with the “transition”, and form social groups/pods if interested. Class lists may be released, initially, without teacher assignments. Final teacher assignments will be set the week before the official start of instruction on August 17.
- ALL plans are subject to change. Please have flexibility at the top of your coping tools at all times.
So, back to the beginning…keep enjoying your summer. Take care and stay safe.