Scholastic Book Fair Organizers
One or two people are needed to organize the Scholastic Book Fair, scheduled for April 16-19, 2018. This fun event earns us over half the library books we get each year, and it can’t happen without someone to organize it! Last year’s organizer will be available to provide advice.
At least one organizer should be available during some school hours/after school from April 13-20.
If you are interested or would like more details on what is involved, please email Rachel Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring Auction Post-Auction Coordinator
The auction is our biggest fundraiser of the year and requires tremendous planning and coordination for the event on April 19, 2018.
We still need a post-auction coordinator to collect all bidding sheets and unclaimed items at auction close, log winning bids in a spreadsheet so that we can verify income received against bids received, distribute unclaimed items, and prepare the list of donors who need to receive thank you notes.
To find out more, contact Verna Bowie (email@example.com).
Harding is lucky to have an active parent community with volunteers staffing the library, working in the classrooms, chaperoning field trips, and much, much more!
Here’s how you can volunteer:
- IN THE CLASSROOM: Assist individual students or small groups with reading, math, or science activities.
- AT HOME: Volunteer at home planning events, designing flyers, doing mailings, or website maintenance.
- IN THE LIBRARY: Staff the Library
- CLASSROOM PARENT: Work with teacher to plan classroom activities and parties.
- YARD DUTY: Lunchtime supervision needed.
- SCHOOL WIDE EVENTS: Chaparone field trips, help with the annual spelling bee or Spring Concert.
- TRANSLATION: Translate written materials into foreign and sign languages.
- OTHER SKILLS NEEDED: Whatever else you have to offer! Call the Harding office at 231-1413.
Volunteering is Easy!
If you want to assist with take-home projects, contact your teacher directly. No other process is necessary.
For parents who want to volunteer in the classroom or around school, there are a few more steps to ensure the safety of our children, the District requires that you go through a background check and obtain a volunteer badge.
- Parents need to have a District volunteer badge in order to volunteer in their child’s classroom, go on field trips, help in the library, etc.
- The badges are good for many years and do not need to be renewed annually.
- If you have a volunteer badge, please let your child’s classroom teacher know.
- If you do not have a volunteer badge, please consider beginning that process as soon as possible.
- Parents should start the process by visiting this web site OR calling (510) 307-4526.