Children Do Better When Parents Get Involved
Harding Elementary has an active, energetic, and supportive PTA. Membership dues are $12 per year to encourage 100% participation.
Meetings are on the first Tuesday of the month from 7-9 pm in the Harding library. Everyone is invited regardless of whether they have paid dues.
The PTA supports the following activities and programs:
- classroom supplies and field trips
- weekly music instruction
- art classes for every student
- science and cultural arts programs in the classroom
- school-wide assemblies
- after school enrichment programs
- an ice cream social and Back to School BBQ
- family math and family games nights
- kindergarten tours for prospective parents
- the Spring concert
- a science fair and a spelling bee
- the Harding variety show
- legislative advocacy for issues that affect our kids
- a website and monthly newsletter
- annual book fairs and library support
- teacher and staff Appreciation Day
How to Volunteer
Regardless of what your exact interests are, your participation will be welcomed. And the PTA is not just for moms. Many dads play an active role as volunteers and take on leadership roles in the organization. Check your Wednesday folder or this website for information about PTA activities.
Even if you don't have much time, attending meetings is an excellent way to stay on top of what's happening at the school and to connect with other parents, teachers and the principal.
To find out more: